Nix in Dubai 2006

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reality... sniff.


Reality….

Sneezed all day until I couldn’t sneeze anymore.

Eyes stung like someone had poured acid in them.

Throat felt like I had swallowed a golf ball and was as swollen as a wee hamster storing for a long hard winter.

Bones and muscles ached like a memory I have of a very dirty weekend session when I used muscles I didn’t know I had.

Pouring f'ing rain, freezing cold, wet and more miserable than last orders and an empty glass.

Sober. Yes – SOBER! No spirits on sale and only had three coz I hate beer more than peeing outdoors when camping.

Yep, full of flu, wee grizzly bear with a sore head and felt like shit. It was the only thing I was to feel that day.

We had taken the Big Bus home but were dumped at Al Murooj and there were no taxis anywhere and hundreds of others also dumped there by Big Bus looking for taxis.
We had to walk to the Dusit before by pure luck and prayers we hijacked a taxi someone was just getting out of. Doesn't sound far, but when its pouring rain and you are full of the flu/cold/lurgy it seemed like miles.

Soaked, nose dripping and never wanting my bed so badly in all my life.

Sent girls to Irish Village to party without me and I crawled into bed with my flannelette tartan pyjamas on and a hot toddy at 9pm.

As you can see. We had to take a picture to prove that i was in bed by 9pm. I know the picture shows its the 2nd (D'oh) i promise its the Friday and I wimped out due to failure to breath.
Oh what Joy.

Definitely not the day we had planned for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home