Nix in Dubai 2006

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Alright for a Monday night....

Monday.
I was stuck in Sharjah this morning for 2 hours because of two accidents, one on each side. Can someone tell me what speed you think a monster tonka truck would be going in order to end up on its side? You know the ones that transport rocks that I think should really be left where they were in the ground in the first place as they must have been there for a reason, like maybe holding the earth together.......? Nightmare. I'm sending Lisa next time.

I'm very tired today. I am now in the possesion of series 4 of 24 and put on "one" episode to watch whilst eating my dinner last night. Yep, 8 episodes and a crick in my neck later I am now struggling to concentrate on my work this afternoon. The Burj Al Arab helicopter is starting to worry me. Its been going back and fore a lot today......

And for all those poor sad people back home - SORRY! I am a rookie blogger still so yes you do need to be a little psycho to read it, I mean psychic. Yes THE Robbie Williams. And He was on at Nad Al Sheba and there were about 25,000 people there. And NO I have not got any photos, but I know a boy that does and saw them this morning and you can see them on his blog soon! (http://maximpact.blogspot.com/). Get the finger out Dave!

I will buy a digital camera this month honest. Maybe from one of the new sites below... http://www.websouq.com
http://www.barter.ae
http://www.recycle.ae

Nikki's N-Bay is now officially closed. New sites you should go to above in instead.

And YES please mummy! (see comments to 23/4)

Tuesday.
Firstly, can I just confirm that no I am not the Brit that Jane wrote to 7Days complaining about. Yes i have been here for 11 years, but I didn't mind my "personal space being invaded" at the concert. In fact, it could have been invaded a lot more by the cuties that were near us!

I went to yoga last night and did my second free standing head stand! Woo hoo! That means that I got up there by myself without slamming against the wall and came down without breaking my neck and sounding like a baby elephant. Very pleased with my wee self as only been going for 3 months.

Then I went with a few friends to the Neil Diamond tribute at the Alamo. I was a bit sceptical when he came out in a very dodgy wig, sideburns and a glittery shirt. He looked more like Elvis in his later years. And when I heard the Glaswegian accent I nearly choked on my chimichanga. But he was actually very good. If you closed your eyes I could have been listening to the man himself.

But if I closed my eyes I would have missed the floor show entertainment. The Russian Dancing Boys. Dan said they were Russian, the girls were not convinced but too sober to ask and didn't really care anyway. The highlight was when one of them dumped his male dancing partners for one of the local girls for a quick jive. Quick being the operative word. The jive lasted about 20 seconds as he dropped her flat on her back. A position which we suspected she was used to, just not on the Alamo dance floor. He quickly went back to his male pack for safety in numbers.

So ok food, good entertainment and great company. Alright for a Monday night.

You just don't know what is going to be in your day.

Nikki
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home