Nix in Dubai 2006

Sunday, August 06, 2006

30th July – 3rd August

Work same old same old and busy as ever so late nights and no yoga. Life still rocks tho.

Went to Cally’s on Tuesday to finalise our “On Line Friendship Auction”. It was supposed to be a Date Auction for charity however unfortunately it’s been pointed out to me that I could actually go to prison for this.

It’s called pimping.

So as I am attached to my hair, pot belly and don’t like boiled rice, to avoid the risk of upsetting the UAE authorities by practicing anything illegal, I am sorry to say that the “Date Auction” is now cancelled.

BUT…………

It is NOT illegal to meet new friends in the UAE.

So I am pleased to announce that I am rebranding my product on the second day of launching it!

So hence the “On Line Friendship Auction”. The idea is that singletons, I mean friends, give me their photo and a few details which I send round and then people bid on them for the chance to go on a date, of course I mean meet their new friend. So the highest bidder gets to go on the date. Sorry, meeting a new friend now! I have had loads of response, 14 girls and 8 boys so far. Wicked. I am in it too so hoping Mr 60% gets the e-mail and bids for me!

It’s all to help build an addiction centre in Kenya so quite appropriate that I should be helping raise money. No way I am going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro like Cally and Paul are, but will help raise loadsa money for them.

We are doing a treasure trail/pub crawl next month which should be fun too.

All participants must send me their photo by tomorrow!

Thursday 3rd

It was Becki’s birthday at Trader Vics. It was rammed. Never knew it got so busy. Bit clique'ish but crack ok with our lot.

Then onto Tim’s Cheesy Night. We were a bit late but better late than never for a piece of cheese, as they say. Met up with Debi and her stookie arm which didn’t stop her strutting her stuff like Anastasia.

The last time Tim had a cheesy party after a year we were supposed to get cheesy Oscars for being ambassadors of cheese and write a speech. I don’t do speeches. I do poems….

An Ode to DJ Tim Cheddar

There once was a boy called DJ Tim Cheddar
Cute as can be and hair couldn’t be redder
His school disco’s are legend for parmesan pop
70’s & 80’s play for a rocking good bop
School uniforms and short skirts proved a good tease
For all of us followers of everything cheese

Finally after a year, another Cheese Flash
And true to the legend it’s another good bash
Whether your taste is cheddar, stilton or even Edam
You know you can some here sing, dance and jam
His roller skating tricks, we all come to see
And there is nowhere else we’d all rather brie

So for all you lovers of all things cheese
And I don’t mean old and stale if you please
If strutting to Abba or Prince is your vice
Then it’s nice to cheese you, to cheese you nice
For the Ultimate Cheese King whose hair could not be redder
Please raise your glasses to DJ Tim Cheddar....

Another one next month too so get ready.

We love our cheesy nights but why is it that every venue Tim gets has an AC problem?? Seriously. First it was the Rush Inn, then Malecon now Players lounge. I am sure we would have been cooler dancing outside. It was so hot and sweaty Tim’s glasses kept sliding off.

I am sure by the states of most they wouldn’t be the only things sliding off by the end of the night.

We didn’t do any sliding but we did have lots of fun and then one for the road in RBs. Crack good and bounced round the dance floor another few times.

Good night had by all and didn't loose anything. Result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home