Nix in Dubai 2006

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Unexpected adventures...

Tuesday 8th Aug

I went to Abu Dhabi today, nearly twice. I meant to go the first time. I haven’t been there for years and its still a long boring and a tiring journey.

I got my hair cut in the evening at Gill’s in the Arabian Ranches and I nearly ended up back in Abu Dhabi on the way there trying to find it.

Ah the powers of communication between girls on mobile phones when driving. Quality.

Then I nearly went to Hatta too. I haven’t been there for a while either. But I didn’t want to go to Hatta either, I was trying to get home from the Arabian Ranches…..

I can find my way round most places but there is definitely a mini Bermuda triangle in my head between the dreaded Al Khail Road, Emirates Road and all that big new roads and fly overs in between there and the Country Club. Its like the Madinat Souq, I never go the same way twice.

Oh well, I love adventures. And the radio was good which meant I practised my Tina Turner singing voice for Dave C's next karaoke session!

Wednesday 9th Aug

I went to the theatre on Wednesday to see Marc Salem, a mentalist (!), with Tilda, Paul, Rob and Ron. Very entertaining but unfortunately the cynic in me sussed most of the tricks.

I am not sure what I enjoyed most, the company and the actual show or seeing how many gullible people there are out there.

Seriously folks, magicians don’t do magic and mentalists can’t really read your mind. They can play with it, but if he could really read minds the world we live in today would be a different place…. Think about it.

Now hypnosis, hypnotherapy, dream therapy, yoga and meditating…. that I believe in. Been there done it, got the t-shirt and it really does work. For me anyway.

What did I learn....

1/ Girls, cars, directions, reversing, left and right, dark scary road and big trucks are words that don’t go together well in one sentence.
2/ People can be conned into believing anything you want them too, with a few years practise and x-ray vision.
3/ I miss yoga and meditation, it keeps me sane. Going back next week. Work is NOT my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home