Nix in Dubai 2006

Monday, July 31, 2006

Wed 28th June - Off to Glasgow today

Off to Glasgow today on the bus. I don’t like buses, I like trains. Now SQ doesn’t like buses either. Not because they are dirty and smelly. Coz you can’t play cards on them.

It was spitting rain when we arrived and we needed caffeine so off to Starbucks. It also gave Yvie a chance to have her new daily required fix of Millionaires shortbread. We happily drank coffee and watched a traffic warden give a line of cars in front of us tickets. Stupid idiots served them right, there was a parking meter right there!

Turned out another sunny beautiful day and again lots of sales on Sauchiehall Street. It took us the whole day to get round the shops. I did think before I went that I would fit in some culture and go and see an art gallery, or at least a small exhibition or show, after all, I was supposed to go to art college there straight from school. I lasted one weekend and went back to Inverness and got a dead end office job instead. Oh well, who needs an art degree anyway. And fuck it, the sales were pure dead brill and we weren’t leaving til we were skint. But I must say I was getting very sick and tired of taking my clothes on and off.

And I haven’t said that for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home