Nix in Dubai 2006

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Happy Birthday James!

Tuesday 10th

Went to Gill’s and got my hair done today. Just in time for my holidays. So it would have been rude not to go out at night.

I can’t remember last time I was out on a Tuesday. Met Caroline and went to Fibbers where we met Debi. First time I’ve been out with Debi in over a year. Then we went to Longs and met up with Mairead and James – HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES! Haven’t been there since last Ramadan either. Ex pats on one side and prostitutes on the other. Nice. Won’t be going back til next Ramadan probably.

Good night but needless to say I didn’t make my work until 1pm the next day so didn’t finish until very late. So had to work til 8pm to make up for it. Pants but oh well, the consequences of the demon drink eh, I should be used to it by now.

Thursday 12th – finally went to Etisalat today so now have ordered roaming and an internet connection. So now I will be able to do my blog from home instead of typing it out on word then downloading it at the office. Cool.

2,000 bucks deposit for the roaming facility, but hey its worth it. Now if I lose my mum in Cyprus I should be able to call her and find her quickly. I guess she is worth 2,000 Dhs eh?

Looking into buying her house at moment. What a carry on though. Its hard work getting your head round all the legal jargon these days. Oh well, it will be worth it. She will get some cash to spend and I will have an investment for the future. Its a win win.

Finally got my new Dubai mini map today. Looks wicked. Go get one from one of my Castaway stands. You will see one of the reasons why I have been working so hard the last few months.

Only one week to go and I should be on a beach in Limassol with NO Head List and only exploring and relaxing to think about.

Bring it on.

Today I achieved 1 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home