Nix in Dubai 2006

Thursday, May 25, 2006

What a week!

Wow, I'm exhausted! What a week. I would like to say that I will be taking it easy this weekend to recover but hey, you all know me by now, probably means I will party harder to balance my inner feng shui. Can't have the work side of my brain overtaking the party side can we?

Still no sales person so juggling two jobs. How hard can it be to find someone in Dubai who can sell mini cards!!

So, to pick up where I left off last week....

Thursday

Very slow start to evening with drinkies at mine. Then out to look for mischief but could not find any so home early, 3am.

Just settled down to watch telly, in pj's, makeup off and eating cheesy toast when the door bell went at 330am. Could it be the man of my dreams traked me down at last? (I secretly hoped not coz I had not waxed) but no fear, it was my mad neighbour. He was hosting a stag night for his mate and they were one player short for one of the teams. And bless, he thought of me.

Well it would have been rude not to go so pulled on my breeks again and armed with my cheesy toast and a smile, off I plod barefoot down the corridor. The game was Buzz and Dougie and I won (but to be honest I don't think anyone else was paying attention. Especially after the pizza arrived. Then I had my first game of table football. Me vs 5 boys. Can't remember who won that!

Sun was up by this time and in their drunken wisdom decided to go for a swim in the pool. I went to act as life guard. Just in case. I wish I had a camera! So got to bed at 7am and realised that I had to be in waxy's at 2pm for Danny's birthday.... not a hope in hell!

Made it by 6pm, just in time to get the 50 Dhs tickets. I danced my little pants off all day and night and had fun. We started out with 10 of us, 5 girls and 5 boys. As usual The Vampire and I were last standing and the only ones who made it til closing at RBs. God we are hard core.

And, wait for it, I had to get up at 8am to go to a workshop at 9am!

Saturday

Do not know to this day how I made it on time! Sat in the conference room with eyes that truly looked like piss holes in the snow and held my breath so long in between vodka breaths I though I would pass out. Plus I thought we were going to get fed so didn't have breakfast. 5 hours in a 12x12 conference room with 7 other people, who didn't look like they had ever tasted vodka never mind consumed the litre I had the day before, hung-over, starving and hot. Quality.

Went home for a sleep in afternoon and then off to Cally's at night for dinner. Paul cooked three mouth watering courses. Goats cheese salad to start, roast beef with all the trimmings plus more, then a choice of home-made banana cheese cake, brownies or ice cream! It was that after-Xmas-dinner-feeling. Truly scrumptious!

Sunday/Monday, usual work and yoga stuff. Tuesday went to brown mafia's for dinner.

Last night went to Laughter Factory with Bex. Its been a very long time since I've gone to one and it was ok but will think again before going. I had to rush from office to yoga for 615pm then finish at 730, shower and drive like mad woman possessed to get there by 830pm, with no dinner. No parking in car park so had to park on other side of road from Crown Plaza and walk/run to get there on time. So got there stressed and ordered a beer! Not quite what you are supposed to do after yoga.... As I had my car I had to nurse one beer all night. Yuk!

Did speak to a very cute boy. Met him before and forgot how nice he was. Not very often I find new eye candy these days. Blew it as usual though. I am pants with boys. Not enough practice I guess! So what is the acceptable etiquette anyway? Should I ask for his number? Should I assume if he does not ask for mine that he is not interested or too shy? How exactly do you let a boy know you like them without out sticking your tongue in his ear and asking your place or mine? (well it usually works). but what if I actually want dinner or a movie (fuck, did I actually say that - has the ice queen finally melted!!!) Guess I will have to revert to stalking again. Now if I can just find him again....

What I learned last week...

1/ There are no sales people in Dubai looking for a job (or willing to work with me!)
2/ If you have 4 boys and a sun lounger, the 5th boy can be launched half way down your pool without drowning.
3/ I am glad I do not have a camera yet.
4/ No-one can keep up with the tartan tots at the weekend.
5/ Laughter is good for the soul, but not if your stress levels go off the richter scale to get there on time.
6/ I am shit at chatting up boys.

So nearly the weekend again.

Bring it on.

Nikki
xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home