Nix in Dubai 2006

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I love my life.

Wed 13

Scabby Fucking Dabby. God it’s a boring drive. And not a very productive journey either. Two clients cancelled once I was there, the tubes. Won’t be going back in a hurry. Anyway, that’s Mel’s job now, woo hoo!

I have so much on the next few weeks I need to rest up and conserve energy so missed yoga and stayed in and caught up with blog and generally kept out of trouble. Ate my rock I got sent over from my Dad, Rue and the kids. Funny, I haven’t eaten rock for years and I couldn’t remember what it tasted like but as soon as I had my first taste it all came flooding back....

Its tastes like over-sweetened-high-speed-tooth-decaying-crap, but you eat it coz it’s pretty.

And I don’t have any chocolate and I haven’t done any of the 5 things on my daily list today so had to find a substitute and so the rock had to do.

And the rock was in place of No. 5 not No.2 – tut tut - pervs.

So what do I have to look forward to this month, apart from cooler weather.

Thurs 14 – Greg’s birthday at Spice Island (well at least I won’t have to cook if we all go back to mine after!)
Fri 15 – hot date I won on my on-line charity auction with Edward. I bought him.
Sat 16 – Flamers at Apres. (world championship cocktail spinners)

Thur 21 – Janet’s house warming party
Fri 22 – Mairead’s birthday at Ginsing

Thur 28 – super hot date with Josh who won me on on-line charity auction
Fri 29 – Lunch at Neil & Winston’s house

Thur 5 – 12 Steps to Clue Crawling for Kili!! (all will be revealed when you get the e-mail next week!)
Fri 6 – Jo & Boon’s house warming

Bloody hell, it will soon be Christmas!

So the old saying is very true, be careful what you wish for it may just come true! I was getting bored of doing same old stuff. Well I can’t complain now can I?

And we are trying to book our Eid holidays just now too. Looks like Goa out the window, too expensive for 5 days. So Cyprus, Malaysia, Greece, Singapore, wherever, the world is our oyster. Well if it costs under 3,500 Dhs for 5 days anyway.

I love my life.

So what else do I love this week?

The Lux soap advert. The wee giggle the wee girl makes in this makes me laugh out loud every time I hear her. Cute. It reminds me of the spiral twirly-door-stopper thing that used to be behind my front door at home. Every time I pinged it, the sound it made used to make me laugh out loud. In fact if I ever felt fed up I pinged it on purpose. It worked every time.

Songs can instantly make people feel good and here are some of the ones that have that instant feel good effect on me….

Train – Drops of Jupiter. Apparently this song reminds most people of me. Probably the only song I know all the words too from start to finish.
KT Tunstill – Suddenly I see (can’t keep my hips still to this)
Goo Goo Dolls – Iris (quick get the hairbrush out)
Meatloaf – anything from Bat out of Hell (ah teenage memories)
David Grey – This years love (niiiice memories from 2001!)
Sting – Desert Rose (reminds me of Debi and the good old days!)
Katie Melua – listen to it in the bath, just love it all
Evanessance – All of me (haunting but love it)

Crickey I could go on forever coz we all know I lurv my tunes.

And guaranteed to make me run to the dance floor…

Pussy Cat Dolls – Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Safri Duo – Bongo song
Robbie Williams – Rock DJ
Bob Sinclair – Love Generation (SQ this is def MY song not yours….)
Body Rockers – I like the way you move
Madhouse – Like a prayer
Scissor Sisters – I don’t wanna dance

My God, I truly could go on forever with the dance tunes, and I haven’t even started on the DJ tunes!

Will save that project for another day when I have nothing to write about and not at 1130pm tonight.

One more thing I loved this week is the Yukon GMC ad. Its wicked. Reminds me of the old Smash adverts.

And what things have annoyed me this week…?

1/ The advert for the Dhow Palace Hotel in Bur Dubai. You know the one I mean and you know why and if I ever meet him I may have to slap him. Hard.

2/ Wet trouser bottoms. Boys won’t get this (unless their trousers are too long!). When girls go to the loo in public places or the workplace or anywhere but home, 9 times out of 10 the floor is flooded.

Now we all like to believe that it’s from the hose and its just water splashed all over the toilet seat, floor and parts of the walls, but you are just never 100% sure are you.

You realise when you take that first step out of the cubicle that you forgot to roll your trouser leg up to your knees before you sat down when you get that sharp cold cringing feeling on your ankles which guarantees the first 3 cms of your trouser leg is now saturated.

So for the next 2 hours until it dries you are trying to convince yourself that it’s just water.

3/ Suspicion vs Trust. It takes a long time to build trust between friends (years in my case!). And a second to destroy it with a suspicion. I’m working on that.

They say that if you if you were stuck on a desert island and allowed one treasure to take, apparently you should take another human or you will go mad (ie Castaway film).

Me - I would choose a radio.

Stereo of course. That way I would get to listen to music, new and old, and hear other humans talking to prevent me going mad.

And I could really truly dance like no-one was watching and of course sing and sound like Stevie Nicks….

Ok mind is wandering, I’m babbling and my sleep angel is calling.

Nite.
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home