Nix in Dubai 2006

Sunday, September 03, 2006

My friends rock, some DJs don't.

Monday 28th

So dragged my sorry ass out of bed and rocked up to work at 11am. If it wasn’t pay day and Mel’s second day I would definitely still be in bed now.

8 paracetamol’s, two packets of orange strepsils, one bag of the new rhino energy/jelly/speed/redbull sweet thingies, several lemon, orange, ginger and huney teas and I am starting to feel ok again. Yahoo!

Finally left office at 8pm and flipin’ car playing up. Managed to get home safely but called the mechanic and he said it was serious and my baby has to go to the hospital tomorrow. Shit, I have a lunch meeting and two meetings in Deira tom afternoon. What a pain. But would rather say goodbye for a few days from my car park than in the middle of Sheikh Zayed road on way home. Now that would be worth moaning about.

And I need to go shopping tomorrow for our red and white tops for the RBs 10th Red & White Birthday Bash on Wednesday night. It would simply not be acceptable for the oldest and longest regulars to turn up in blue.

I am taking Mel with us too. Gawd help her.

Bless, nothing like throwing someone in the deep end. But hey I wish I had a boss like me, first week on the job and taking me out to get pissed and then telling me to take the morning off the next day.

Things that have annoyed me this week….

David Newsome on the breakfast show this week.

Seriously, this guy is the most irritating person I have ever had to listen to on the radio. He gives me a thumping sore head. He needs to stop talking and just play music. I hope Cat Boy is not away for long or I am going to have to move house so I can get the reception for channel 104.8 again. I truly hope he is back on the late show soon coz then I will never have to listen to him again.

Things that I love this week….

The new Snow Patrol cd. Its wicked. And it probably prevented me committing murder during the day after waking up to David Newsome in the morning.

And of course the highlight of my week….

A magnificent total of 5,692 Dhs pledged in bids for my on-line charity auction!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Lucky winners and all details are listed on the charity auction blog.

http://nixcharityauction.blogspot.com

My friends rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home