Nix in Dubai 2006

Monday, July 31, 2006

Tues 18th July - Big Brother

Started the day at an early appointment which took me an hour to get to and 15 mins to complete. Ho hum.

Then popped in to Madinat to pick up tickets for Whose Line Is It Anyway on Wednesday night. Ordered my breakfast joga juice and headed to box office. Next thing Big Brother is announcing that everyone has to evacuate the building immediately. Scary, but soon find out it’s only a drill and the staff are delighted to have half an hour out of their boringly quiet routine in the shops in the morning. However NOT the best place to try and navigate your way to the nearest exit. I have been to the souq at least 100 times since it’s opened and I don’t think I have found my way to the same place by the same route twice yet! Finally followed the masses and found the exit. Hot hot outside so no no hanging around in case my joga muesli juice melted. So snuck my way back down to the car park and managed to escape but with no WLIIA tickets. Ho hum.

No worries, its Upgrade My Life day today and off to Sharjah to sort out my head with my Life Coach, the one and the only Mr Dave Crane. Actually managed to get there without directions today. But of course on arrival there was a newly dug grand canyon right outside his house and all the way down the street and I didn’t have my spare car bungee rope with me so no way my wee Rav was gonna make it across without serious injuries incurred. But where there’s a will there’s a way, translated, when you have a mobile phone, alternative directions are available to allow me to drive around the new grand canyon safely. Seriously, no really, seriously, what did we do before we all had mobile phones??

Anyway, my one hour “get-up-in-the-morning-and–be-a-better-person-with-a-little-boost-my-confidence-and-brush-up-my-presentation-skills-for-tomorrow” session turned in to a FIVE & A HALF HOUR marathon to “leave-my-past-behind-and-move-onto-my-new-future-session”!

Wicked.

Dave rocks.

I rock.

And the whole fucking world is my oyster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home